Sunday, June 29, 2008

MC's Quest for THE Perfect Mascara: Cargo Texas Lash Mascara

My name is MC, and I have a horrible addiction to mascara. O_O

Ever since Maybelline discontinued the 2 best mascaras ever made (Illegal Lengths and Lash by Lash), I have tried almost EVERY mascara known to man from drugstores to department stores to Sephora to Ebay in search of what I lost in mascara love. I try a new one (or 3) every 3 months...so I will be doing a series of mascara reviews entitled "MC'S Quest for THE Perfect Mascara" in my on going mission to finally settle down and find something I will use again.

I shall review the one of the current mascaras I am using: Cargo Texas Lash.

Cargo Texas Lash is yet another entry in the world of "tubular"mascara. You know, the kind of mascara that forms tubes around your lashes and comes off easily with a little pressure and some make up remover? It claims to be smudge proof, flake proof, and non runny...

MC's verdict: Epic. Fail. I TRIED to like it, but Cargo Texas Lash is no Blinc Kiss Me Mascara. Texas Lash was extremely clumpy and dried far too quickly. I couldn't even get a lash comb through my lashes to get out the clumps!!! The slightest touch to the eye and the mascara flaked off, leaving little black flakes in it's wake. It does live up to it's word about not being runny or smudging....because it feels like you are applying TAR to your lashes.

If you want to go the Tubular mascara route, stick with Blinc. While it doesn't give me the OMG lash volume I like, it is a wonderful mascara that goes on smooth, wears well, and comes off when you WANT it to come off.

And by all means, if you have any suggestions on mascara, I am all ears....well, just as long as you don't suggest Maybelline Great Lash Mascara lol. ^_^

~MC <3

3 comments:

melanie said...

Hello MC! I found you from the Muse's blog. I am exactly the same about mascara! I am always trying new kinds. I just started my blog so I am reviewing some mascaras as well! But in the meantime, I have to recommend to you Maybelline Lash Stylist waterproof. I love the comb applicator and the waterproof formula keeps my lashes curled and up all day. It's super wet so it takes some getting used to but you might like it! :) Visit my blog if you'd like to check out what I'm working on. When I get a links list up I'd love to add you.

~*MC*~ said...

Hi Melanie!! XD

I've heard some good things about Lash Stylist and I plan on checking it out..thanks for the reccomendation!!!

I'll hop over to your blog and check it out and add you back. XD

Anonymous said...

Imju FiberWig Mascara...I've heard it's amazing